Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A new day

By Joe Hischer
2theadvocate.com staff writer

It looked like a lovely day this morning...not a cloud in the sky, a nice breeze and birds singing in the trees. That was me looking up. When I looked down, though, I was reminded there was a hurricane yesterday. Branches and other debris still litter most of Baton Rouge this morning.

Public Works crews are on the job clearing roads and power lines of felled trees and branches. Give them a friendly honk and wave as you pass -- that seems like a hot and thankless job today.

Power is still out in several Baton Rouge neighborhoods. Many key intersections still do not have a working traffic light, so plan on road delays all day.


Baton Rougeans are making do today dealing with damaged property and loss of power. Sister Maria Christela of the Dominican Convent was cooking chicken over a make-shift stove at her house on Hunderd Oaks this morning while she cleaned up her yard.

I still haven't heard anything official about the Northshore (for those of you who have asked) other than I-1o from New Olreans to Slidell has been destroyed. Unofficially, the rest of the area sounds pretty bad. I have friends that live there that I have not been able to contact, so if anyone can send information about that area, send them to me here: jhischer@theadvocate.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to find out what the damage was in Ponchatoula. I have a friend there that i cannot reach. I cannot find anything on the web about that area.
Thank you and God bless you and keep you safe.
Boni

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And A Link Back To Your Web Site Excite You?

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! Thanks.
Was searching for affordable traffic.
http://www.1st-choice-4-website-traffic.com
affordable traffic

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home